Friday, November 6, 2009

Life Drawing I: Week Eight: Reflection



MANIKINS, MUSCLES, AND CONTOURS

So after presenting our mid-term portfolios Amy decided we all needed some significant work on our manikin’s legs. So the beginning of this week was spent tearing apart our muscles that we had put on our manikins and re-vamping our quads. At first when Amy told us we would be ripping the muscles off I was a bit disappointed. Since my manikin isn’t my favorite thing to do I was kind of dreading the fact that we had to do the same part over again.


After Amy went over a few things in class with the overhead projector and pointed out the problems a lot of us were having, I was able to have a much better grasp on my muscles and what needed to be improved. Once again I had made my muscles much too thin and needed to improve upon the volume of more then one of them. From Amy pointing out specific things that we should be looking for re-doing my muscles was a ton easier and much more enjoyable as well!


This week we also did a couple of longer poses and a contour drawing. For some reason the whole contour drawing thing is still something that I need to work on. I’ve noticed that one week my contour drawing will go really well, and the next week my drawing will turn out super flat. Hopefully this begins to go better.


At the end of the week we were also given new shells. Our shells are a ton bigger then our last ones and definitely a lot more interesting!! We were assigned a contour drawing for the weekend so hopefully I can get my contour drawings down pat.

No comments: